Does your Hillsborough home show signs of water intrusion? If so, you are running the risk of moisture problems that cause issues with your home and health. Moisture will lead to foundation damage, mold and mildew growth and pest infestations. At Crawl Space & Basement Technologies, we are the top choice for home owners looking to eradicate mold and moisture issues.
Common signs of crawl space flooding and moisture
- Visible damage in the crawl space or living area, caused by moisture and mold growth
- Strong odors. The living area has a musty, foul smell
- Noticeable condensation on HVAC ducts and/or equipment
- Condensation on insulation, pipes or trusswork in the crawl space
- Damage to hardwood floors. Buckling and coloring due to moisture
- High levels of humidity in living space
- Pest and insect infestations
- Wood rot
How Does Water Get Into a Crawl Space?
During a soaking rain, water absorbs into the soil causing pressure changes. After the ground is saturated, water begins moving to the lowest grade.
Due to the porous nature of concrete, rainwater is able to soak through the foundation walls, which leads to eventual condensation in the crawl space.
Hot and humid climates like North Carolina naturally lead to moisture build up in the crawl space. The hot, moisture laden air enters the crawl space through foundation vents. This air can then cause condensation to form on HVAC ducts, flooring and insulation.
Can I Prevent Water from Getting Back In?
Your crawl space will always have mold and moisture problems unless you stop the problem at the source. Homes built on flat or negative grades will eventually experience water intrusion from ground saturation. Most homes built on this kind of lot have French drains installed to handle moisture problems. Unfortunately, this will never solve the issue of water migrating under the French drain and footing of the interior crawl space.
The only viable solution is an Interior Drainage System, installed to collect and remove water entering your Hillsborough crawl space.
Steps of Foundation Waterproofing
Our waterproofing specialists will:
- Dig a drainage trench around the perimeter of the interior crawl space
- Drill weep holes through the interior side of the base block
- Install specialized drainage pipe in the trench
- Fill and cover the pipe and trench with 3/4 inch gravel
- A gravity discharge will be used to drain water from the crawl space. If needed, as sump pump will be installed.
Our Hillsborough crawl space waterproofing is guaranteed with a Lifetime Warranty that is transferable to a new owner if you choose to sell your home. Once we complete your home waterproofing, you can trust that you are protected against moisture damage permanently.
Improve the Air Quality in Your Hillsborough Home!
Contact Us for a Foundation Waterproofing Estimate Today!
Crawl Space & Basement Technologies is your partner for home moisture remediation. If you are ready to experience clean, mold free air in your home then our specialists are only a call away. We provide a free estimate and consultation, and explain our findings in detail. Crawl Space and Basement Technologies will then provide you options to improve your air quality that meet your budget.