Did you know that your crawl space is the origin of most of the dirty air in your home?
According to the EPA, 60% of all the air on your first floor passes through your crawl space, and because your crawl space is kept under negative pressure (due to HVAC leaks and the perforations between the floor and your crawl space), warm, humid air is literally drawn into your crawl space. This effectively turns that forgotten bit of space beneath your home into a breeding ground for microbes and mold. Because warm air rises, it then seeps into your first-floor living areas for all to inhale.
The solution to this problem? Crawl space encapsulation from Crawl Space and Basement Technologies.
6 Reasons to Choose Crawl Space Encapsulation for Your Knightdale Home
1. Save money! Many homes see up to a 15% decrease in annual energy costs after crawl space encapsulation by our professionals. Unsealed crawl spaces make it easier for air to get in/out of your home. So in the summer, the hot air outside gets in while your cool HVAC air is getting out (and vice versa for the winter). According to the U.S. Department of Energy, “If you properly insulate your crawl space – in addition to air sealing and controlling moisture – you will save on energy costs and increase your home’s comfort.”
2. Discourage insects and rodents. A crawl space provides the warm, damp environment bugs and rodents love. Encapsulating your crawl space helps eliminate both those tempting elements.
3. Eliminate crawl space air transmission. Sealing your crawl space stops the “vapor vacuum” that occurs due to the outside/inside pressure difference.
4. Banish odors. Keeping moisture at bay helps prevent those vague, distasteful smells that homes can have emanating from unsealed crawl spaces.
5. Create a dry, clean, renewed climate. Encapsulation keeps your crawl space environment clean. Mold can be removed by a licensed mold remediation company, but unless the source is treated, it will come back. Without the moisture or heat, mold and microbes cannot thrive and the rest of your home will reap the benefits.
6. Preserve your home’s structural integrity. The ground below most homes contains large amounts of moisture. This moisture can enter an exposed crawl space as water vapor and, in some cases, may even become puddled water. That moisture combined with the dark and dank conditions of a crawl space creates a destructive environment where mold thrives and spreads at an alarming rate across any organic material. Aside from the fact that moist wood is like a dessert tray to termites, rot and decay can set in eventually destroy the structural integrity of your home.
Improve Air Quality & Energy Efficiency with a Sealed Crawl Space
You can be confident in our expertise! We hold the Council-Certified Microbial Remediation Supervisor (CMRS) designation and our work is guaranteed with a lifetime warranty.
Contact a Crawl Space Encapsulation Specialist in Knightdale Today!
Contact us today at [phone] or fill out our online form to schedule your no-obligation estimate. One of our specialists will visit your home, assess your needs, and provide you with an accurate price point.
We make it a point to help guide you through your options and determine the best solution for your needs and budget.